Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pirate Movies

As part of our poetry unit, Avalon and Ebony both wrote excellent poems about pirates. Today they had a go at making movies on the iPad (using iMovie) using their poems and pictures they had taken from books. Here are their movies.



Here is Ebony's poem:

A boat, a sword, a skull, 
A treasure chest below the sand,
A shark waiting for a prisoner,
A bomb on a fake boat waiting for some crew.
So would you want to be a pirate?



Here is Avalon's poem:

Thieving Pirates

 I spy a pirate in their pirate ship,
their boots, their eye patch, gun and sword.
They're coming to my ship to steal all my treasures and gold.
They got here before I could hide all my gold.
The battle began and went on for days,
but finally, one had a dead skull.
It distracted the other pirates and all were dead.
We stood in victory!

4 comments:

DENNON said...

Ebony is my best friend.

Sally (Ebony's Mum) said...

We love your poems and iMovies, well done!

Anonymous said...

We Love Pirate stories and poems as we have seafaring parents who told us stories.
Janice and Colin. UK

Nox said...

Ebony I like it because it was about pairates